Image Processing is any form of signal, processing for which Input is an Image such as photographs or frames of video, the output of Image processing can be either an Image or a set of characteristics or parameters related to the Image. Most Image processing techniques in values treating the image as 2–d signal and applying standard signal processing technique to it. Image processing usually refers to digital Image processing but optical and analog image Processing are also possible.
Operations of Image Processing:
(1) Geometric Transformation (Such as enlargement, reduction and rotation)
(2) Color Correction (Such as brightness and contrast adjustment quantization or conversion of different color)
(3) Digital compositing or optical compositing (combination of two or more Images)
(4) Interpolation and recovery of full image from a draw image format.
(5) Image editing
(6) Image registration
(7) Image stabilization
(8) Image segmentation
(9) Extending dynamic range by combining differently exposed Images.